London - Night Porter / Manager
To ensure that all guests receive a warm, memorable and personalised welcome to The Capital, setting the scene for their stay and ensure that guest needs are anticipated and that any requests are actioned. Complete administrative tasks accurately and within given deadlines. Be responsible for the security of the hotel and its guests overnight and to set meeting and private dining rooms to agreed standard and to guests’ specification.
- Ensure that the service offered by all team members is personal and memorable. That guest needs are anticipated and requests followed up. Build relationships with guests, ensuring that they want to return
- Ensure good communication with all departments throughout the hotel.
- Ensure all regular and VIP guests are known and cared for accordingly.
- Handle, follow up and communicate any comments or complaints. Pass on to relevant HODs or Managers if unable to handle.
- Be familiar with and promote hotel facilities and attractions within the estate. Assist guests with any requests eg information, making bookings, directions.
- Ensure that all tasks are completed on each shift that a full and thorough handover takes place at the end of the shift.
- Be fully conversant with handling of reservation enquiries. Be aware of all current offers.
- Ensure you have a well-founded understanding of all Hotel regulations.
- Have a thorough knowledge of Protel and any relevant systems.
- Build and effectively utilise guest history profiles.
- Tour all areas of the hotel on a regular basis and report irregularities to relevant department heads, and engineering.
- Ensure all access to the hotel is secure as required by hotel policy and procedure.
- Perform any related security duties as required overnight.
- Complete all incident reports and distribute to relevant departments.
- Record any unusual occurrences or problems arising to the Duty Manager and take appropriate action.
- Communicate, work with and build a good working relationship with Front Office Day team to ensure a consistent level of service is offered throughout the hotel 24 hours a day.
- As a team, ensure that guest areas and offices are clean and tidy at all times.
- Check in late arrivals and check out early departures in line with hotel procedures.
- Ensure that wake up calls are made promptly.
- Order and deliver newspapers.
- Take room service orders, prepare the food and drinks and deliver to guests.