Warwick Cares Program
The Capital Hotel, Apartments & Townhouse - London is committed during the COVID-19 health crisis to follow the health and safety guidelines and best practices for the hotel industry in accordance with the British Government Guidelines.
These new initiatives on hotel cleaning practice, social interactions, and workplace protocol will ensure transparency throughout our guest’s journey. Our approach with enhanced protocols, policies, procedures and training are designed to provide peace of mind to both our guests and staff members.
- When arriving at the hotel, our guests will be dropped off at 22/24 Basil Street, SW3 1AT London. If the guest has their own transportation, hotel parking will be provided subject to availability and at charge. If there is a line (queue) at the Hotel entrance, we recommend each guest practice social distancing and remain at least six feet away from other groups or people not traveling with them.
- If the guest is in need of assistance with luggage, the hotel team will handle the request with gloves and other appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Entry to the hotel will be clearly marked for appropriate social distancing, and where possible, encourage a one-way guest flow.
- Hotel provides with onsite Valet parking. Fees associated with parking are listed below:
- Overnight : 40 GBP
- Hotel provides with NCP Valet parking. Fees associated with parking are listed below:
- 1 hour : 10,10 GBP
- Overnight : 40 GBP
Reception / Front Desk
- Signs within the lobby will clearly mark the appropriate path to the reception desk to include place holders to encourage one-way guest flow and social distancing between guest in line (queue).
- We will strongly encourage Guest to take the lift up their rooms and whenever possible take the stairs down to the Hall Way. All room keys prior to being provided to our guests will be completely sanitized.
- During the check in process:
- Each guest will be asked for their email address with consent allowing us to electronically provide hotel receipts.
- Credit Card authorization and Express Check Out forms will be completed to minimize interaction with our guests.
- Prior to departure, the hotel will reach out to our guest regarding expected departure time allowing the hotel to confirm transportation needs and minimizing gathering on the front drive.
- Outside the elevators, we will provide instructions minimizing contact to include: signage, hand sanitizing facilities, tissues used to press the elevator control button and designated areas for standing.
- We have adopted a policy of “keep right” in the hallways for guests and staff to minimize interaction.
- Within the guest room, we have enhanced and thorough cleaning protocols including a 24 hour waiting period between guests. All linens and high touch areas have been thoroughly cleaned with chemicals aimed at COVID-19 prevention.
- Housekeeping services have been modified for guest staying more than 1 night including the suspension, of daily cleaning unless specifically requested by our guests to minimize interaction.
For the interest of safety for both Guests & Staff, rooms will be only serviced whenever vacated.
- We have removed unnecessary items for each guest room to avoid high touch surfaces, and some of the high touch items will be available upon request at reception and will be single use as compared to our traditional standards.
- Coffee & Tea facilities will be available in guest rooms, and all requested amenities will be placed outside guest room door upon request.
Food and Beverage
- During this time, we have for the moment closed the restaurant for Lunch and Dinner. Only breakfast will be served daily in the restaurant from 7am-10.30am.
- Bar, remains open 24/7 for in house guests (Beverage Only)
- Room Service, 24/7 (Breakfast and Beverage Only)
- The hotel Restaurant (Lunch and Dinner) service and The Tea Room may reopen at a later stage.
- Fitness Centre / Spa / Pool – Currently closed until further notice.
- Our Laundry service will remain available during this time period, and efforts have been made to ensure COVID-19 guidance is achieved. To use this service, Laundry bags will need to be requested by our guests and placed in front of the room door. Cleaned clothes will be dropped outside guest room upon request from the guest once they return to their room.