Dallas - Front Desk Agent
Attend to guests’ needs, including, but not limited to, registration, checkout and cashiering.
- Greet and welcome guests upon arrival. Register guests into the computer, verifying reservation, address, and credit information. Provide outstanding customer service and name usage in guest interactions.
- Accept payment for guests’ accounts both at the time of registration and at checkout. Maintain a house bank and make a deposit and accurate report of receipts daily. Cash checks and exchange currency for guests.
- Issue key to and control entrance of safety deposit boxes. Post miscellaneous charges as requested.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with hotel rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel’s facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Assist concierge in handling mail and facsimiles and providing guest with information regarding hotel facilities and local attractions.
- Book reservations for those guests who approach the Front Desk.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- General knowledge of the city where hotel is located and its attractions.
- Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities.
High school or equivalent education required.
One to two years in a public contact position.
To apply, please submit your CV to email@example.com.