Dallas - Housekeeping Supervisor
Inspect assigned areas in order to provide feedback to management and employees on the cleanliness and maintenance of those areas against standards.
AVERAGE % OF TIME
- 50% Supervise the performance of room attendants and general cleaning and take appropriate action to correct deficient conditions, behavior, and work practices. Inspect guest rooms, guest areas and employee areas and assess compliance with all established standards as they relate to cleanliness, maintenance, safety, and security. Report, as directed, any observed deviations to established standards.
- 20% Ability to produce schedules for employees in accordance with staffing guides/productivity requirements. Review and adjust staffing daily to ensure optimum staffing levels. Review assignments of employees and make adjustments.
- 15% Communicate throughout the day with Front Office and other departments to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- 10% Monitor consumption and order replacement of guest and cleaning supplies.
- 5% Manage administrative functions in accordance with established standards.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with hotel rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel’s facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Perform general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by a supervisor to adhere to health standards.
- Perform other duties as requested, such as cleaning unexpected spills and executing special guest requests.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Position requires walking and giving direction most of the working day.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must have the ability to bend, squat and frequently lift 25 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning and inspection tasks.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
High school or equivalent education required.
Prior housekeeping experience preferred.
Licenses or Certificates
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per standards.