Dallas - Lounge Bartender
Prepare and service beverages for servers and guests in a speedy, efficient, friendly and professional manner.
- Prepare drinks for the customers and servers, ensure that the proper materials and supplies are on hand and talk to guests. Ensure that minors and intoxicated persons are not served alcoholic beverages. Act as the cashier for the servers when necessary.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the bar area through disposing of all waste, clearing and cleaning all glassware and wiping down bar and preparation areas.
- Provide opening and closing inventory of spirits.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with hotel rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Assist servers, other bartenders, and barporters when necessary.
- Participate in the deep cleaning of the outlet.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must have knowledge of and be able to operate all equipment related to the outlet, including, but not limited to, coffee maker and cash terminal.
- Must have a strong knowledge of drink preparation and applicable health standards.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, ordinances and regulations and Melrose policy regarding serving alcohol to minors and intoxicated patrons.
High school or equivalent education required.
One year of high volume bar experience required. Customer service experience preferred.
- Licenses or Certificates
Must be minimum age to serve alcohol.
To apply, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.