Dallas - Lounge Server
Serve beverage (and at times food) items to customers in a friendly, enthusiastic, professional and timely manner.
- Take orders for and serve all beverage requests, using suggestive selling techniques. Clear tables during service. Control guest checks and secure proper payment.
- Ensure station and table set-ups are complete and perform various side duties as assigned by the Outlet Supervisor.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the bar area through disposing of all waste, clearing and cleaning all glassware, and wiping down bar and preparation areas.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with hotel rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Participate in the serving of food.
- Participate in maintaining the cleanliness of the outlet.
- Restock fruit and supplies needed for server use.
- Wash all snack bowls and ashtrays and clean coffee machine at the end of the night.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
High school or equivalent education required.
One year of high volume bar experience required. Customer service experience preferred.
- Licenses or Certificates
Must be minimum age to serve alcohol.
To apply, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.