Dallas - Room Service Attendants
Serve food and beverage items to guests in a friendly, enthusiastic, professional and timely manner in the guest room.
- Take orders for and serve all food and beverage requests, using suggestive selling techniques; control guest checks and secure proper payment. Pick up trays and tables from guest rooms after service.
- Ensure station and table set-ups are complete and perform various side duties as assigned by the Manager.
- Maintain proper condition and cleanliness of dining areas and servicing equipment.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with hotel rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Additional duties as necessary and assigned.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Ability to describe all menu items, prices and methods of preparation. And to use suggestive selling techniques to encourage the guests to choose items that are house specialties.
High school or equivalent education required.
Two years’ experience as food server in full service restaurant or Room Service is required. Customer service experience preferred.
- Licenses or Certificates
Must be minimum age to serve alcohol.
To apply, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.