Warwick Cares Program
Warwick Hotels and Resorts (WHR) is committed during the COVID-19 health crisis to follow the health and safety guidelines and best practices for the hotel industry in accordance with Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines, and the American Hotel and Lodging Association.
These new initiatives on hotel cleaning practice, social interactions, and workplace protocol will ensure transparency throughout our guest’s journey. Our approach with enhanced protocols, policies, procedures and training are designed to provide peace of mind to both our guests and staff members.
Customers should review state government guidance to confirm eligibility to travel and to stay at a hotel. Face coverings are required in all indoor public areas. Some hotel facilities or services may not be available during your stay.
- When arriving at the hotel, our guests will be dropped off at 3015 Oak Lawn Avenue, If the guest has their own transportation, hotel parking will be located in the back of the hotel off Cedar Springs. If there is a line (queue) on the front drive, we recommend each guest practice social distancing and remain at least six feet away from other groups or people not traveling with them.
- If the guest is in need of assistance with luggage, the hotel team will handle the request with gloves and other appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Each bell cart will be sanitized between guests.
- Entry to the hotel will be clearly marked for appropriate social distancing, and where possible, encourage a one-way guest flow.
Guests can choose between Valet Parking or Self-Parking, both of which are located in the back of the hotel off Cedar Springs.
- Hotel has an onsite parking lot, which the guest can use for self-parking. Fees associated with parking excluding taxes:
- Daily - $8.00
- Overnight - $15.00
- Hotel parking is managed by our Valet Service. Fees associated with valet parking excluding taxes:
- Daily - $15.00
- Overnight - $27.00
Please note: The Warwick Melrose – Dallas, house car will not be available for transportation until further notice.
Reception / Front Desk
- Signs within the lobby will clearly mark the appropriate path to the reception desk to include place holders to encourage one-way guest flow and social distancing between guest in line (queue).
- To minimize opportunity for gathering at the elevator, we will assign lower floor rooms prior to moving to higher floors. All room keys prior to being provided to our guests will be completely sanitized and out of circulation for a minimum of 24 hours.
- During the check in process:
- Each guest will be asked for their email address with consent allowing us to electronically provide hotel receipts.
- Credit Card authorization and Express Check Out forms will be completed to minimize interaction with our guests.
- Prior to departure, the hotel will reach out to our guest regarding expected departure time allowing the hotel to confirm transportation needs and minimizing gathering on the front drive.
- In an effort to minimize gathering around elevators, we will be assigning rooms on lower floors first allowing for use of stairs as an alternative. Within the elevator we will provide instructions minimizing contact to include: signage, use of hand sanitizer, tissues used to press the elevator control button and designated areas for standing.
- We have adopted a policy of “keep right” in the hallways for guests and staff to minimize interaction.
- Within the guest room, we have enhanced and thorough cleaning protocols including a 24 hour waiting period between guests. All linens and high touch areas have been thoroughly cleaned with chemicals aimed at COVID-19 prevention.
- Housekeeping services have been modified for guest staying more than 1 night including the suspension of daily cleaning (rooms will be closed upon check out) unless specifically requested by our guests to minimize interaction.
- We have removed unnecessary items for each guest room to avoid high touch surfaces, and some of the high touch items will be available upon request at reception and will be single use as compared to our traditional standards.
- Coffee Machines will be available in guest rooms, and all requested amenities will be placed outside guest room door upon request.
Food and Beverage
- During this time, The Landmark Restaurant will exclusively be open for Breakfast and Lunch with a limited menu.
Monday - Friday from 6:30 am to 11:00 am
Saturday and Sunday from 7:00 am to 11:00 am
Sunday - Saturday from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm
- The Library Bar will be open with a limited menu Sunday through Friday at 2:00 pm and on Saturday at 1:00 pm. Live music will be available on Friday and Saturday only. Goga will be the only artist performing on Fridays. Happy Hour formula remains the same and is available from Sunday through Thursday from 4:00 – 7:00 pm, wines by the glass and signature cocktails are half off.
- Food delivery by outside parties including delivery services, must adhere to Warwick Hotels and Resort policy including designated pick up areas for the guest to meet delivery service.
- The hotel offers limited door drop room service. Details will be provided by hotel reception / front desk.
- Fitness Centre – To minimize interaction, we will allow only limited guests in our fitness centre at one time and reservations must be made prior to using the facility to allow for additional cleaning by our staff, and managing time allocation between visits.
- Our Laundry service will remain available during this time period, and efforts have been made to ensure COVID-19 guidance is achieved. To use this service, Laundry bags will need to be requested by our guests and placed in front of the room door. Cleaned clothes will be dropped outside guest room upon request from the guest once they return to their room.