Warwick Cares Program
Warwick Hotels and Resorts (WHR) is committed during the COVID-19 health crisis to follow the health and safety guidelines and best practices for the hotel industry in accordance with Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines, and the American Hotel and Lodging Association.
These new initiatives on hotel cleaning practice, social interactions, and workplace protocol will ensure transparency throughout our guest’s journey. Our approach with enhanced protocols, policies, procedures and training are designed to provide peace of mind to both our guests and staff members.
- As mandated by the city of San Francisco, it is compulsory for guests to complete a wellbeing self-assessment. To learn more about the required self-assessment and city ordinance, click here.
- Customers should review government guidance to confirm eligibility to travel to & stay at a hotel. See https://covid19.ca.gov/ for more information. Face coverings are required in all indoor public areas.
- When arriving at the hotel, our guests will be dropped off at 490 Geary St. If there is a line (queue) on the front drive, we recommend each guest practice social distancing and remain at least six feet away from other groups or people not traveling with them.
- If the guest is in need of assistance with luggage, the hotel team will handle the request with gloves and other appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Each bell cart will be sanitized between guests.
- Entry to the hotel will be clearly marked for appropriate social distancing, and where possible, encourage a one-way guest flow.
- Self-parking is available at $45 plus tax for overnight, for compact cars & $60 plus tax for overnight, for vehicles considered oversize.
- Upon arrival, guests have to come to the hotel before going to park, further down the road.
Reception / Front Desk
- Signs within the lobby will clearly mark the appropriate path to the reception desk to include place holders to encourage one-way guest flow and social distancing between guest in line (queue).
- All room keys prior to being provided to our guests will be completely sanitized and out of circulation for a minimum of 24 hours.
- During the check in process:
- Each guest will be asked for their email address with consent allowing us to electronically provide hotel receipts.
- Credit Card authorization and Express Check Out forms will be completed to minimize interaction with our guests.
- Prior to departure, the hotel will reach out to our guest regarding expected departure time allowing the hotel to confirm transportation needs and minimizing gathering on the front drive.
- To minimize opportunity for gathering at the elevator, we will be staggering guest throughout the hotel to create social distancing and avoid lines at the elevators. Elevators have been programmed to take guest directly to their floors without stopping. This should assist in avoiding contact with other guest.
- We have adopted a policy of “keep right” in the hallways for guests and staff to minimize interaction.
- Within the guest room, we have enhanced and thorough cleaning protocols including a 24 hour waiting period between guests. All linens and high touch areas have been thoroughly cleaned with chemicals aimed at COVID-19 prevention.
- Housekeeping services have been modified for guest staying more than 1 night including the suspension of daily cleaning (rooms will be closed upon check out) unless specifically requested by our guests to minimize interaction.
- We have removed unnecessary items for each guest room to avoid high touch surfaces, and some of the high touch items will be available upon request at reception and will be single use as compared to our traditional standards.
- Coffee Machines will be available in guest rooms, and all requested amenities will be placed outside guest room door upon request.
- No Gathering Policy and Non-Registered Persons Visitation Policy:
For the well-being and safety of our guests, gatherings and loud disturbances of any kind in the guest rooms or on the guest room floors are prohibited at all times. A gathering is defined as five or more non-registered guests visiting or gathered in the guest room at any time. In the event of a reported disturbance, we will reiterate our policy and ask for compliance. Should the disturbance persist, the guests in violation of our policy will be asked to leave the hotel immediately and without refund. The registered hotel guest(s) is responsible for all persons visiting. Non-registered guests are not permitted to visit guest rooms or guest room floors between 10pm and 6am. If a registered guest wishes to allow a non-registered guest to visit between 10pm and 6am, they must register the guest to the guest room in advance. If a registered guest violates our non-registered persons visitation policy, we will reiterate our policy and ask for compliance. Should the violation of policy continue, the registered guest(s) will be asked to leave the hotel immediately and without refund. If a guest room is found to be abnormally dirty or if any damages are found, a charge may be assessed to clean the excess or repair the damages.
Food and Beverage
- More information as well as our menus are available here.
- Food delivery by outside parties including delivery services, must adhere to Warwick Hotels and Resort policy including designated pick up areas for the guest to meet delivery service.
- Fitness Centre - Off-site fitness centre temporarily closed.