Seattle - Director of Sales
Warwick Seattle is seeking a Director of Sales to support the organization by leading the sales team, maximizing profitability, and providing outstanding attention and service to guests and clients. The Director of Sales is responsible for ensuring that the hotel is providing outstanding service to new and repeat customers and strategically taking steps to maximize revenue during the year based on changing conditions.
Areas of responsibility include - developing and implementing strategies for maximizing total revenue and room yield, seeking out, quoting, and negotiating for groups, food and beverage, meeting room rental, and other special arrangements.
This position will also need to coordinate with the General Manager, F&B and Operations Managers, to communicate and meet customer needs and expectations.
We have a great team, varied work, and are conveniently located near Pike Place Market in the heart of Belltown.
- Direct and manage group, transient, and catering/meeting sales activities
- Prepare, implant and compile data for strategic sales plan, monthly reports, annual goals, sales and market budget, forecasts and other reports as required
- Develop rates and strategies though review of competitive data
- Oversee sales staff
- Actively participate in sales presentation, property tours, customer meetings, and building and maintaining relationships with individuals, large clients and agency reps.
- As needed, effectively present information and respond to questions from groups to managers, clients, customers and ownership.
- Additional duties as necessary and assigned.
- 3+ years related sales and/or marketing experience
- Exceptional Sales skills with hospitality/hotel/event groups
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills: proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and other applicable computer systems - we use Opera for our hotel logistics
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships, collect and analyze data, negotiate deals, solve problems, propose solutions, and think strategically.
- Knowledge of hotel and competitive market
- Knowledge of revenue management
- Adhere to standards for grooming, dress, and appearance consistent with hotel atmosphere.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, please submit your CV to email@example.com.