Thank you for visiting and using our websites, our social media pages and our mobile applications (“Sites”).
Warwick Hotels & Resorts (WHR) respects your right to privacy when you use our Sites and when you stay in our hotels and resorts. This Notice explains how and for what purposes we use the information collected about you through our Sites, in our hotels and resorts, via offline/online programs or events.
Warwick Hotels & Resorts manages a central booking engine that permits branded hotels and resorts to collect the necessary personal data to organize your stay with them. We also store your personal data as our clients in our global database when you stay in a branded Warwick Hotels and Resorts and when you participate in our Warwick Journey loyalty program.
We draw your attention that Warwick Hotels & Resorts includes a wide range of branded hotels. Some of the hotels are fully owned by the Warwick group, (“owned hotels”), some are operated under a management agreement with the hotel’s owner (“managed hotels”), and some are commercialized under an affiliation agreement (”affiliated hotels” or under a franchise agreement (“franchised hotels”) entered into with the respective owner(s) of the hotel(s). If you book a room in such hotel, your personal data will be dealt with by the hotel for such purposes as managing your booking, responding to your queries or sending you an invoice, as well as performing marketing activities and complying with legal requirements. Warwick Hotels & Resorts and the respective managed, franchised or affiliated hotel will be both acting as data controllers or co-controllers.
To ensure that your privacy rights are respected, Warwick Hotels & Resorts requires all Warwick Hotels & Resorts branded hotels and their respective owners to respect the principles set in this Privacy Notice.
OUR PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
Warwick Hotels & Resorts respects your right to privacy. Here are our main principles:
- We are committed to protect your privacy and we want to offer you a tailored service.
- We collect personal data for specific purposes based on your consent, our contractual relationship, legal obligations or the legitimate business interest of our company to safeguard your booking details for example.
- You have the right to access your personal data and ask for correction or deletion, subject to our legal obligations.
- We will take all reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse and keep it secure.
If you wish to know more, read our full Privacy Notice below
1. SCOPE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE AND YOUR CONSENT
By using our Sites or by giving us your personal data, you accept the practices described in this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree with our practice described herein, please refrain from using or visiting our Sites or providing personal data.
Warwick Hotels & Resorts reserves the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice at any time. The changes will be effective when posted on this Site and we shall endeavor to provide you reasonable notice of any material change but please review this Site regularly.
2. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We only collect personal information that is necessary for a specific purpose or that you provide us with on your own consent, following your clear actions and behaviors, or for a legal or a legitimate reason.
3. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE PERSONAL DATA
We may share and disclose your personal data to the following categories of recipients:
a) The Warwick Hotels & Resorts
- a number of authorised people and departments in Warwick Hotels & Resorts (owned, managed, franchised and/or affiliated hotels) and in each individual hotel and resort such as hotel staff, reservation staff using reservation tools, IT departments, commercial marketing teams, internal medical services if applicable, legal services if applicable, and generally, any appropriate person within Warwick Hotels & Resorts entities and/or individual hotel entity for certain specific categories of personal data;
- our partner hotels and resorts (managed, franchised and/or affiliated entities with whom we have an agreement) around the world providing you accommodation services and other leisure and travel related activities and services.
b) Partners, providers and suppliers
- advertising and media agencies, messenger platforms or web analytics tools providers in order to deliver and analyse our marketing campaigns;
- payment processors, banks and other financial institutions to process your payment, protect you against potential fraud, or to manage financial transactions;
- commercial partners, such as entities participating in a joint promotion or a loyalty program;
- travel agents and agencies;
- our service providers, such as hosting and security providers, logistics companies or data processing contractors, international call centres, outside event contractors and suppliers, recruitment agencies, etc.;
- police units, authorities or governmental bodies if so requested by law.
These recipients may be based outside the country of the hotel you stayed in or outside the country from which you have accessed the Sites. We require these recipients to comply with all relevant data protection laws and security requirements in relation to your personal data.
c) Other sources
We collect personal data about you from third party data aggregators (e.g. Google), public sources and third party social networking sites. Such information may include personal data as part of your profile on a third party social network and that you allow that third party to share with us, pursuant to their rules.
We also use third parties such as network advertisers and ad exchanges to serve you ads on third party websites after you leave our Warwick Hotels & Resorts Sites, and we may use third party analytics and other service providers to evaluate and provide us and/or third parties with information about the use of the Warwick Hotels & Resorts Sites. You can find more information in our Cookie Notice about the tracking technology we use when you interact with our sites or open our emails and banners.
4. HOW DO WE STORE, SECURE AND RETAIN DATA
We take all reasonable technical, organizational and legal measures to protect the personal data we hold against loss, unauthorised access or disclosure and against other misuse. Your personal data will not be sold or disclosed to any other third parties except as provided in this Privacy Notice.
When the personal data that we collect is no longer required for the given purpose, or for legal requirements, we destroy or delete it in a secure manner.
Note that your personal data may still be available in the own databases and systems of our franchised, affiliated or managed hotels or in those of our partners, if you have previously shared information with them directly, prior to us receiving your request of deletion or correction.
5. YOUR RIGHTS
5.1.HOW YOU MAY ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND SEEK ITS CORRECTION
You can request access to the personal data we hold about you by contacting us at [email protected]. You have the right to tell us if you would like to withdraw your consent, correct, update or delete your personal data in our records or object to any processing. To assist us in dealing with your request, please provide your full name and details. For this purpose, we may require a copy of an identification document at our discretion.
You may opt-out at any time from marketing communications by following the ‘opt-out’ options provided or by contacting us ([email protected]). You may also limit the use of tracking technologies (such as cookies for which you can set your browser to warn you before accepting them, or you can simply set it to refuse them).
5.2. HOW TO CONTACT US
Warwick Hotels & Resorts, 75 avenue des Champs-Elysées, 75008 Paris, France., as well as each individual (managed, franchised or affiliated) hotel act as “data controller” for the personal data it processes in the framework of this Privacy Notice and for the purposes of collection.
You also have the right to file a complaint to your data protection supervisory authority at any time.
Should you be concerned about a possible interference with your privacy rights or misuse of your personal data by us, or if you have any questions or comments, you can contact our Data Protection Office, by e-mail at [email protected]; or by regular mail at Warwick Hotels & Resorts, attn. Data Protection Office, 75 avenue des Champs-Elysées, 75008 Paris, France.
You may also contact the individual (managed, franchised or affiliated) hotel for any data shared with or processed by such hotel. We offer a list of all the hotels on www.warwickhotels.com/warwick-destinations .