Central Reservations Agent
The Central Reservations Agent position will handle reservations sales, group bookings and in-house requests and will provide intermittent support for various operational departments including Accounting, Executive Office, Housekeeping, Food/Beverage, Front Office/PBX, Sales/Marketing and Guest Services. Enter the information into the Property Management System accurately, timely, and efficiently.
- Responsible for taking individual and group room reservations via telephone and perform accurate input of reservations information into PMS system. Ensure that calls are answered in a professional and courteous manner, adhering to company policies and procedures, while demonstrating proper selling techniques. Being able to answer all inquiries pertaining to individual hotels; including room types, rates, facilities, as well as surrounding areas. Must be very effective in the reservations sales process, personal interactions and recommendations, and always upselling at every opportunity.
- Process or respond to all paperwork, such as email and fax reservations, in a timely and efficient fashion. Mail confirmation and literature requests or reply via facsimile and administrative message when requested. This includes wholesale, online bookings. Conducting audits to verify accuracy on reservations.
- Stay abreast of current information as it pertains to all hotels including rates; rate changes, room availability, all promotions to include local attractions, directions, and hotel services. Attend necessary training sessions and being knowledgeable to train and share information with others as needed.
- Handle variety of calls from in house guests relating to service requests, food/beverage orders, and/or concierge related functions.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Block special request reservations and suites.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized workstation.
- File daily reservations and other correspondence.
- Answer questions concerning reservations for employees of other departments including but not limited to Sales, Convention Services and Executive Office.
Pay Rate: $20 per hour
Schedule: 11:00am - 7:00pm (Requires weekend coverage)
To apply, please submit your CV to Ms. Deb Roberts email@example.com.