Denver - Hotel Engineer
Perform general maintenance work to ensure hotel maintenance quality and safety standards are achieved and maintained.
- Perform preventive maintenance on major equipment and systems; using a window based computer system.
- Support the Engineer IV with shift supervision, projects, or any aspect of maintenance/engineering operations which may include assigning daily work and projects, training and coaching employees, inspecting work for quality and productivity, etc.
- Follow and enforce procedures that ensure the security of inventory such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, televisions, etc., replenishes supplies and inventory in a timely and efficient manner, and minimizes waste.
- Assist in training and instruct other members of the staff by passing along other knowledge and skills to assist them in their development and the advancement of your own.
- Analyze problems and formulate plans to get work done quickly including procurement of materials, part, etc., with a high degree of quality.
- Monitor efficiency of equipment and electrical systems such as air conditioning controls, guests entrance/access doors, television sets, lighting systems and makes minor repairs and/or replacements to ensure proper operation and maximum efficiency.
- Perform maintenance and repair work on the interior and exterior of buildings, hotel rooms and contents, laundry and kitchen/refrigeration equipment, lighting, heating, air conditioning (HVAC), ventilation, and water treatment systems, and swimming pool-if applicable, etc.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
The Maintenance Engineer will report to the Engineering Management team.
- A minimum of 2 years building maintenance experience required, with hotel experience preferred.
- Experienced in plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and carpentry fields is preferred.
- Must possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to write routine reports, keep logs, and correspondence and ability to speak effectively with customers and associates.
- The ability to deal with internal & external guests with a high level of professionalism, tact and diplomacy.
- Must be guest service focused and understand expectations of hospitality demands.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule, weekends and holidays.
- Must possess strength and desire to provide exceptional customer service.
- Should have some working knowledge of building systems, including life-safety systems, is preferred for this position but not required.
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents as safety rules (i.e. Lockout Tag out, JSA's), safety awareness information (i.e., MSDS) operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Experience: Maintenance: 1 year (Required)
Education: High school or equivalent (Required)
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
To apply, please submit your CV to Mrs. Timaima C. Raisamu, Director of Human Resources, [email protected].