Warwick Cares Program
Warwick Hotels and Resorts (WHR) is committed during the COVID-19 health crisis to follow the health and safety guidelines and best practices for the hotel industry in accordance with Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines, and the American Hotel and Lodging Association.
These new initiatives on hotel cleaning practice, social interactions, and workplace protocol will ensure transparency throughout our guest’s journey. Our approach with enhanced protocols, policies, procedures and training are designed to provide peace of mind to both our guests and staff members.
- When arriving at the hotel, our guests will be dropped off at Warwick Geneva, Rue de Lausanne 14, 1201 Geneva, Switzerland. If the guest has their own transportation, self-parking will be at Parking des Cygnes, Rue de Monthoux 57, 1201 Geneva, Switzerland.
- If there is a line (queue) on the front drive, we recommend each guest practice social distancing and remain at least six feet away from other groups or people not traveling with them.
- If the guest is in need of assistance with luggage, the hotel team will handle the request with gloves and other appropriate PPE. Each bell cart will be sanitized between guests.
- Entry to the hotel will be clearly marked for appropriate social distancing, and where possible, encourage a one-way guest flow.
- Partitions will separate guest / agent at each station.
Reception / Front Desk
- Signs within the lobby will clearly mark the appropriate path to the reception desk to include place holders to encourage one-way guest flow and social distancing between guest in queue.
- To minimize opportunity for gathering at the elevator, we will assign different floor rooms. Lower and higher floors. All room keys prior to being provided to our guests will be completely sanitized and out of circulation for a minimum of 24 hours.
- During the check in process:
- Each guest will be asked for their email address with consent allowing us to electronically provide hotel receipts.
- Credit Card authorization and Express Check Out forms will be completed to minimize interaction with our guests.
- Prior to departure, the hotel will reach out to our guest regarding expected departure time allowing the hotel to confirm transportation needs and minimizing gathering on the front drive.
- In an effort to minimize gathering around elevators, we will be assigning rooms on lower floors first allowing for use of stairs as an alternative. Within the elevator we will provide instructions minimizing contact to include: signage, use of hand sanitizer, tissue used it to select the elevator control button, trash bins for used tissue beneath the elevator control buttons and designated areas for standing.
- We have adopted a policy of “keep right” in the hallways for guests and staff to minimize interaction.
- Within the guest room, we have enhanced and thorough cleaning protocol including a 24-hour waiting period between guests. All linens and high touch areas have been thoroughly cleaned with chemicals aimed at COVID-19 prevention.
- Housekeeping services have been modified for guest staying more than 1 night including the suspension of daily cleaning (rooms will be closed upon check out) unless specifically requested by our guests to minimize interaction.
- We have removed unnecessary items for each guest room to avoid high touch surfaces, and some of the high touch items will be available upon request at reception and will be single use as compared to our traditional standards. Examples include: cups, pencils, mugs, etc.
- Coffee Machines will be available in guest rooms, coffee stir sticks, creamers, etc. are available upon request. All requested amenities will be placed outside guest room door upon request.
Food and Beverage
- During this time, we have for the moment closed our breakfast room, however recognizing the importance of a quality breakfast, we will deliver in-room service. We also have created an enhanced grab and go option with pre-packaged food and beverage options inside the bar area.
- Take away food and a limited menu will be available for in-house guests from our restaurants. Menus are available on each hotel website as well as in each guest room on a fixed display.
- All dishware, utensils, and other serving equipment given to guests will be single-use disposable.
- Fitness Centre – Free access to nearby fitness center partner in compliance with Swiss Confederation regulation.
- Our Laundry service will remain available during this time period, and efforts have been made to ensure COVID-19 guidance is achieved. To use this service, Laundry bags will need to be requested by our guests in front of the room door and clothes will be dropped outside guest desk. Please call reception for pick-up.