Dallas - Bellperson
Greet and welcome arriving guests as they enter the hotel. Assist both arriving and departing guests with baggage handling.
- Welcome and escort guests to and from their rooms and assist with luggage
- Inform guests of all safety features and, if time permits, promote hotel outlets.
- Provide door assistance and luggage service to the guests as well as deliver of items to guest rooms.
- Provide transportation in a professional and courteous manner to guests using the hotel town car.
- Store guest luggage upon request and assist with loading and unloading of luggage into and out of automobiles. Summon taxis upon request.
- Prepare and maintain all tour and delivery paperwork to ensure accuracy and operational standards are upheld. Handle all group luggage transfers and amenity deliveries to ensure proper handling and completion.
- Complete daily paperwork and log as per hotel standards.
- Maintain the check in station for appearance, organization, and operational effectiveness.
- Ensure the department’s operational and departmental areas and lobby are checked for cleanliness and organization, correcting as necessary.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with hotel rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Update all relevant reports pertaining to the check-in process on a regular basis and communicate those changes to the line employee quickly and effectively.
- When necessary, actively contribute to the successful operation of the department by labeling, handling, and/or storing guest luggage, delivering guest items on request, or checking guests in using the seamless check in system.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their comparable state and local laws (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, and NLRA.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
Must be able to respond to guest requests and business volume quickly and efficiently
High school or equivalent education preferred.
No prior experience required. Prior hospitality and bell services experience desired.