Dallas - Housekeeping Room Attendant
Clean guest rooms in accordance with established quality and performance standards to allow a sufficient quantity of vacant and clean guest rooms for sale. Clean occupied guest rooms.
- Clean and reset guest bedroom and bathroom areas according to established standards.
- Organize and stock cleaning cart and organize linen closets on floors assigned.
- Complete accurately, and in a timely manner, any assigned paperwork.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with hotel rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Perform general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products to adhere to health standards.
- Perform other duties as requested, such as cleaning unexpected spills and executing special guest requests.
- Assist other housekeeping employees in maintaining clean and organized work and public areas.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Working knowledge of applicable sanitation standards.
High school or equivalent education preferred.
No prior experience required. Prior hospitality experience desired.