Dallas - Night Audit
Reconcile and post daily revenue activity.
AVERAGE % OF TIME
- 20% Reconcile and complete all daily front desk agents’ work.
- 20% Run find trial balance to post rooms and close day.
- 20% Run accounts receivable reports.
- 20% Provide next day reports for Front Office, Housekeeping, Sales, and Executive Office as required.
- 20% Perform duties of front desk agent as assigned.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with hotel rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel’s facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Answer calls incoming to hotel and hotel guests.
- Assist guests with calls and messages.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- General knowledge of the city where hotel is located and its attractions.
- Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 6 hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer screen.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
High school or equivalent education required.
One to two years in a Front Office or Accounting position.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per standards.