Dallas - Travel Industry Sales Manager
Warwick Hotels and Resorts is seeking to appoint a Travel Industry Sales Manager to develop and deliver strong sales tactics and activities for its Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas. Individual will ideally have Dallas Hotel experience with 3 to 4 years of experience in corporate transient market.
Warwick Hotels and Resorts is a collection of over 50 of the world’s finest 4-star and 5-star hotels, resorts, and spas, providing affordable luxury in prestigious locations in Europe, the United States, Asia, Africa, South Pacific, and the Middle East.
The ideal individual will possess excellent communication skills in customer relations, be aggressive in targeting new business and exceed established sales goals. You will be a dynamic, enterprising and astute professional who will be able to contribute to the overall success of this business and have the passion to take this hotel to the next level.
The successful incumbent will work directly with the Director of Sales & Marketing and the Senior Sales and Catering Manager to develop and implement strategic goals. You will provide a focus towards the future, and anticipate the needs and requirements for the sales department.
AVERAGE % OF TIME
- 50% Assist and support Director of Sales and Marketing in the operations of the sales and marketing department to achieve all departmental goals and facilitate all departmental functions. Actively solicit corporations, travel agencies and associated offices to grow local negotiated accounts, global preferred accounts, leisure business and the entertainment market through personal calls, site inspections, tele-prospecting/email-prospecting, blitzing, and sales trips to assigned territories. This includes all industries and markets of responsibility.
- 20% Negotiate, contracts and monitor account agreements and productivity. Respond to client requests on a same-day basis and assure that proposals and contracts meet the hotel's requirements. Ensure rates committed are competitive and offer highest yield for the hotel to ensure maximum profitability. This includes annual rate negotiations for renewal of existing accounts and continuous acquisition of new accounts in all terms.
- 15% Solidify and maintain relationships with assigned accounts through regular sales visits, client entertainment, agency/office receptions, site inspections and repeated follow-up. Develop creative programs to ensure maximum reservations and client satisfaction for corporate, leisure and entertainment accounts. Cross sell other Warwick Hotels and Resorts on every sales contact. Direct leads to other Warwick Hotels and Resorts.
- 10% Along with DOS, develop and facilitate marketing, public relations and media projects, applicable to the transient business travel and other market segments to maximize revenue. Achieve monthly accounts, individual and team goals.
- 5% Work in tandem with Sales and Catering team to develop programs and offerings to promote to existing and prospect counts/corporations. Attend trade shows and industry functions as directed.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with hotel rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel’s facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Professionally represent the hotel in community and industry organizations and events.
- Participate as team player with all departments.
- Assist with reports and/or competition data collection.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Sales and Customer Service skills and experience.
- Computer literacy in a Windows environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Nexus CRM system and Opera preferred.
- Prior experience/education in documentation (i.e., procedures, contingency plans, training manuals, etc.).
- Performs well under pressure and can meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational & time management skills.
- Ability to multitask on an on-going basis.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive attitude and upbeat personality; flexibility.
- Commitment to exceeding guest expectations.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to five hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day. This may include traveling to and from meetings. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
Undergraduate degree preferred. A Degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management is a plus.
Minimum of five years Sales Management Experience.
Minimum of three years in hotel sales experience in the travel industry market and excellent network. Contacts are required to succeed in this position.
Expertise in training, coaching, and leadership disciplines.
Identifiable track record of team play and accomplishment.
Licenses or Certificates
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per standards.